*Mary Ogechi: The Killer Is Now In Police Custody*

A yet-to-be-identified truck driver, who smashed Miss Mary Ogechi to death at the Aba-Owerri Road on Tuesday has now been tracked, arrested and detained by police.

Newskingdom confirmed that the deceased graduated from the polytechnic a few days ago and commemorated her graduation on social media for emerging as the best accounting student in her department.

The report revealed that she was announced to have gone to her school on Tuesday to process her results so that she can get prepared for the National Youth Service Corps mobilization before the disaster cut-off her life.

Newskingdom correspondent confirmed that, in reaction to the new graduate’s passing away, students of the school organized a riot and sealed the highway.

An eyewitness who pleaded anonymity explained that the deceased underwent splintered legs and a dislocated hip after being pushed down by a commercial tricycle rider and was later run over by a trailer with registration number XA-60 YEN.

“She was traversing the road when a reckless commercial tricycle driver hit her, which compelled her to fall on the highway. The truck driver who saw her unexpectedly strived to avoid her but couldn’t, rather rammed over her leg, leaving her in a pool of blood.
“The tricycle rider ran away, together with the truck driver who vacated his vehicle to run into a nearby police station in the Aba North Local Government Area”.

“People were surprised to take her away instantly. But a few others gathered the strength and hurried to the scene. They originally thought that she was dead, but when they felt some vibration, people who recognized her rushed her to the clinic for serious medical attention. But She later died ”

Nelly Nazo, one of the deceased’s family members, who grieved her wrote in a facebook post, alleged that the mother raised the deceased and her siblings alone and that it was an unfortunate incident that she perished in an accident.

Another family member, Vivian Onwumere, conveyed her sadness in a facebook post, said that the deceased was of high personality adding that her demise had left her overwhelmed.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Chinaka Maureen, verified the incident to our journalist, adding that the circumstance had been settled and also clarified that the car and its driver had been taken into custody.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *